Why should I sign the pact?
Signing means joining a group of leaders who are standing together to show their commitment to change the negative narratives about West Virginia. Signers are sent tips on how to get started writing #NewStoryWV, Official Author Badges to share on social media, and the #NewStoryWV Toolkit featuring 3 guides to amplify the stories coming out of their work including:
- Pro-Tips for Social Media Photography
- Pro-Tips for Social Media Management
- Pro-Tips for Pitching a Story to the Press
The #NewStoryWV Pact
We are changemakers living and working in West Virginia, and we are writing a new story that shows the true grit, resilience, determination, and spirit of our state.
We are stepping forward today to say: we care about the future of West Virginia, and we want to change the negative narratives about our communities.
We believe that:
- Even though the challenges are great, we see positive action happening on the ground today.
- These actions are carried out by and for West Virginian residents, and they serve as evidence of our passionate investment in the future of our state.
- Our stories about these actions have the potential to make a transformational impact on the lives of West Virginians.
We are committing to use the hashtag #NewStoryWV when posting on social media about people, activities, or ideas that shine a spotlight on the positive happening in our state.
Submit your information to sign the pact, and we will follow up with you over email with tips about how to start writing the #NewStoryWV. Please allow 1-2 business days.